Pages

4 Apr 2011

CRASS. Anarchy Against Warfare, Bootleg


It would only seem appropriate I put A Crass post up, I have quite a few live recordings but this one seems to be the best quality, the only problem being I don't have any info on it except the name on the cassette, so as usual can anyone help ? The one I was going to post got chewed up so if anyone has a copy of 'Live Northampton 27.2.82' I would appreciate it.
Crass were such a massive influence to me dare I say they changed my life. I remember my big Sis bringing home the 'Feeding Of The 5000' back in '78, her playing it to me, being totally stunned by the anger, hatred that came from it. The artwork, covers, message, the fact that the first track wasn't allowed because of it's lyrical content all blew me away.
The record had to be hidden in our house but it was found and listened to by me step Dad, it caused such a bad fight that me Sis got chucked out the house for good.This all added anger to my views and made what Crass was saying more true!
I rebelled against everything my parents, school, etc were wanting me to do, Crass really opened my mind.
My sis was an early die hard Crass fan who went to most of the early gigs round our way and would always tell me the stories of the trouble at them. Me mate got nicked before the gig at' Bowes' and ended up spending the night there, later on he was joined by Steve Ignorant  cos of the trouble at that gig. So at least he saw a bit of Crass! One of my fav stories is a punk from a school near to mine managed to play a bit of  'So What', at the morning assembly, what a legend! one of my fav tracks ever !! I could bore you to tears with stories and most probably already have so enjoy and oh yeh there's a bit of an interview at the end!

WHAT DID YOU KNOW ?
1980 BORE
DON'T GET CAUGHT
MOTHER EARTH
MOTHER LOVE
YES SIR I WILL
SMASH THE MAC
BATA MOTEL
POISON IN A PRETTY PILL
SENTIMENT
GOTCHA
BIG A LITTLE A
YES SIR I WILL
MAJOR GENERAL DESPAIR
YOU'RE ALREADY DEAD
BANNED FROM THE ROXY
SO WHAT
SECURICOR
SHAVED WOMEN
DO THEY OWE US A LIVING ?
PUNK IS DEAD
RADIO SHEFFIELD INTERVIEW MAY 1981
( a bit mixed up)

Download

6 comments:

  1. I have the Northampton gig, if you still need it, not sure what the quality is like as havent played it for a while, give me a couple of days & I'll dig it out & send you a link to download.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps what other CRASS do you have please?

    the set list for your Anarchy Against Warfare tape makes this a recording from 1984, other than that I dont know which gig it is- I know its not Nottingham 2 May 84,Exeter 6 May 84 or Aberdare 11 July 84 as I have those

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Pil Head, the only semi decent recording I have of Crass are Birmingham 19.12.83, Zig Zag Squat 18.12.82, Peace News Benefit Nottingham 2.5.84. I have a few more, will list them soon. Appreciate your help!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. here's the Roadmenders, Northampton link for you, wouldnt mind a copy of Birmingham 19.12.83 if you could get round to posting it sometime. Cheers.

    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E2VRX6LR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pil Head thx a million really appreciate that, others I have are 100club 5/7/83,Bristol 18/6/80, plymouth 29/5/84 but these are already on other blogs. do you have any real early Crass ? I will convert and give you the link for the Birmingham gig asap but the quality aint brilliant. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. email me at pilhead@gmail.com & I will send you a list- I have 23 CRASS gigs plus a couple of Steve Ignorant solo gigs- the quality is very questionable on a lot of the CRASS gigs, but if you're a fan you probably wont mind.

    I would love a copy of CRASS, Plymouth 29 May 84, I have the others-

    I'm afraid the PIL gig you sent me was the mislabelled Reading Uni one I already had, thanks anyway

    Off out the football so will probably be slaughtered today so you may not get a reply til tomorrow (depends if we win, LOL)

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete