Pages

27 Apr 2011

X - RAY SPEX. Live Brixton Academy 14.9.91. POLY STYRENE R.I.P

Just heard the sad news that 'Poly Styrene' sadly passed away on Monday at the age of 53, from an advanced form of breast cancer.
To celebrate her life I dug out a few tapes but found that they had already been posted, Nuzz, so here is a great audience recording of a reunion gig in 1991, this gig has some newer material on it as well. 'Warrior In Woolworths' being one of me fav's, it would always be in my head whenever I entered the shop!
My thoughts go to family and friends, Poly will be very  missed but never  forgotten !!

ART-I-FICAL
I CAN'T DO ANYTHING
IDENTITY
GENETIC ENGINEERING
????
WARRIOR IN WOOLWORTHS
GERM FREE ADOLESCENTS
BE CONSCIOUS
????
JUST A TRICK OF THE WITCH
OH BONDAGE, UP YOURS !
THE DAY THE WORLD TURNED DAY-GLO
IDENTITY
WARRIOR IN WOOLWORTHS
OH BONDAGE, UP YOURS !

Download

7 comments:

  1. Hello, i liked X-ray spex and spcécialy this song: THE DAY THE WORLD TURNED . Poly was very nice ...her death touche me ...

    I hope I don't disturb you with my comments but I'm glad to find a blog which speak very well about the music I like .
    bye :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all, I like the comments and I am pleased you like the blog, it makes this worth while, thx again Juliette !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll hold to that the world is a very ugly and unfair place when Poly Styrene dies and Phil Collins lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is X - RAY SEX a freudien slip? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloody hell I,ve looked at this page loads of times and never noticed so thank you very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your welcome, wonderful job your doing.I've much admiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your comments are much appreciated and makes this all worth while!!

    ReplyDelete